My Baby Love Plate
1. Wipe plate with damp sponge to remove bisque dust.
2. Pour puddle of Bright Pink on palette.
3. Use sponge to dab a heavy coat of Bright Pink on baby’s foot. Carefully imprint on plate at a slight angle to create on half of “V” for word. Clean foot and repeat process with other foot to complete “V.” Tip: If baby’s feet are not available, you can use the sides of clenched fists to create a foot shape with color; just paint and press as described above. Use tip of finger to create toes.
4. Lightly with pencil, freehand “l,” “o” and “e” in front of and after feet to create the word “love.” Refer to photo.
5. Load No. 1 Liner with Really Red and paint over letters. Let dry and repeat with a second coat.
6. Paint a heart in between feet with three coats of Really Red.
7. Dip flat, unused end of pencil eraser in Bright Pink and create hearts around rim of plate by dabbing two dots at a slight angle that touch at the base, then using the No. 1 Liner to paint in the point under each dot.
8. Place plate on kiln shelf and fire to cone 06.
9. Brush two coats of Pure Brilliance onto entire plate. Let dry completely.
10. Stilt and fire to cone 06.