1. Wipe mugs with damp sponge to remove bisque dust.
2. One at a time, place clay carbon paper on mugs and “Mr“ pattern on left mug and “Mrs” pattern on right mug. Trace over letters to transfer onto mugs.
3. Using a ruler, lightly sketch in an approximately 1/8” stripe extending across the tops of mugs. Refer to photo. Sketch in a bow on top of stripe to create a ribbon effect as shown. Make sure ribbon lines align on both mugs.
4. If desired, run masking tape along the top and bottom of ribbon to ensure a straight line when painting.
5. Use the No. 1 Liner to brush three coats of Black onto wording and ribbon. Remove tape then paint bow. Let dry completely.
6. To create hearts, dab end of paintbrush into Bright Pink and make two dots side-by-side on mug. Use the No. 1 Liner to pull in a “V” shape under the dots to finish heart. Repeat randomly all over mugs.
7. Brush three coats of Bright Pink onto mug handles. Let dry.
8. Place on kiln shelf and fire to cone 06.
9. Brush two coats of Pure Brilliance onto each mug except for handles. Let dry, then brush one coat onto handles. Let dry completely.
10. Stilt and fire to cone 06.