- Begin with properly fired shelf cone 04 bisque. Moisten a clean sponge and wipe bisque to remove any dust.
- Using a CB-604 #4 Soft Fan, apply 2 coats of FN-009 Blackto the top of the plate.
- Pencil in flower placement and stem.
- Re-glaze areas with FN-009 Black for the stem placement,and outer line of tulip, place the thin jute into the wet glaze thenbrush more glaze over the top of the jute.
- Using a CB-106 #6 Script Liner, apply 2 coats ofSC-74 Hot Tamale to the flower heads; lay the eyelash yarn over the wetglaze on the second coat. Brush more SC-74 Hot Tamale overthe yarn so that it will stick. Cut the eyelash yarn to fitthe space, about 1 and ½ inch long.
- Press a paper towel to the eyelash yarn after the glaze hashad some time to set, this will remove excess glaze and promote fasterdrying.
- When the SC-74 Hot Tamale has dried to the touch, with aCB-604 #4 Soft Fan, apply 2 coats of SC-89 Cutie Pie Coral over theflower heads.
- Using a CB-604 #4 Soft Fan, apply 1 coat of SC-86 Old Laceto the background.
- Colors used in the background: SC-24 Dandelion, SC-26 GreenThumb, SC-27 Sour Apple, SC-6 Sunkissed, and small amounts of SC-75Orange-A-Peel, SC-94 Curry Around, and SC-36 Irish Luck.
- Use both the AB-834 ¾” Base Coat brush and a CB-106 #6Script Liner, start with the yellows, brushing in the direction of theshape, brushing over the stems, add in the greens next, SC-27 SourApple, and less of the SC-26 Green Thumb, a little of the SC-36 IrishLuck. Brush in the SC-75 Orange A Peel in a random fashionaround a few of the flower heads.
- Pull off all the strings while the glaze is still damp.
- Using a CB-604 #4 Soft Fan, apply 2 –3 coats of FN-009Black to the back of the plate. Allow to dry.
- Stilt and fire to shelf cone 05/06.
Products in project listed here
|FN009-4||FN009 Black 4 oz||$3.48|
|SC06-2||SC06 Sunkissed 2 oz||$2.62|
|SC24-2||SC24 Dandelion 2 oz||$2.62|
|SC26-2||SC26 Green Thumb 2 oz||$2.62|
|SC27-2||SC27 Sour Apple 2 oz||$2.62|
|SC36-2||SC36 Irish Luck 2 oz||$2.62|
|SC74-2||SC74 Hot Tamale 2 oz||$2.62|
|SC75-2||SC75 Orange-a-Peel 2 oz||$2.62|
Sc86 Old Lace 2 Oz
Mayco Stroke And Coat Glaze
|SC89-2||SC89 Cutie Pie Coral 2 oz||$2.62|