FN001 White 4oz
Fundamental and Functional
Begin your ceramic project with Foundations as the surface. Available in gloss opaque, gloss translucent and matte finishes, Foundations will become an essential building block, easy to apply, consistent firing performance and budget friendly. Its stable, non-moving base is perfect for majolica techniques with Stroke& Coat glazes.
Stroke & Coat glazes are certified AP non-toxic and food safe.
Foundations glazes are available in a broad assortment of colors, opacities and textures. They easily serve as the basic "foundation" glaze for any ceramic studio - be that in a school, home or your retail studio.
Foundations gloss glazes were designed to mature at shelfcone 06/05. Apply 2-3 coats, allowing surface to dry in-between coats.When applying to a large surface, we recommend a broad, soft brush such as CB-604 #4 Soft Fan. For more information on mid-range performance, Clickhere to view Mid-Range firing guide PDF
- 4 oz jar
- 16 oz wide mouth pint
- Gallons (Available in 15 colors)
- Foundations dry quickly for same day firing
- Intermixable for custom color creation
- Can be applied to greenware or leather-hard clay. We recommend leaving an area unglazed, such as the back or bottom, to allow outgassing during the firing process
- Many Foundations can be fired to higher temperatures and still maintain their color. Check the individual color label for performance at cone 6
- Steadfast Application - Foundations? will not dissolve or "pick up" previous coats of glaze
- Dries Quickly - speeds up your ability to handle or perform additional decorating
- High Gloss Finish - does not need to be clear glazed (except Foundations? Matte glazes)