SG403 Designer Liner Red 1.25 oz.
Make your Mark with Designer Liner
Designer Liner is clay based and heavily pigmented. Use this versatile product to create fine detail with lines, dots, and letters. The metal writer tip allows for ultimate control to draw ultra-fine or bold lines, typography and intricate illustrations. Designer Liner is best when used under non-moving transparent or semi-transparent glazes. Fires cone 06 - cone 6. Certified AP Non-toxic and Food Safe. Available in a variety of essential colors.
- 1.25 oz squeeze bottle (includes metal writing tip)
- Remove the white cap then gently puncture plastic tip with the metal writer tip.
- After placing the metal tip onto the bottle cap, push the included pin through the small ziptop bag and seal (this makes it easier to keep track of the pin).
- Keep the pin in the metal writer tip when not in use.
- Designer Liner is clay based. As such, it is the nature to dry quickly which can promote clogging in the narrow passages of the metal and or plastic tips.
- Clear or transparent glazing is necessary for gloss finish. Designer Liner will fire matte when no glaze is applied over top.
- Design work could be distorted when applied on top of glazes that have a tendency to move.
- Wipe tip periodically on a damp sponge to keep clean.
- Keep the metal pin to unclog the tip and keep the metal writer tip free from debris.
- If Designer Liner begins to dry in the bottle you can add a few drops of water to reconstitute Designer Liner. Stir and test for proper viscosity. Add water in small amounts to avoid over-thinning the Designer Liner.
- Place some Designer Liner on a tile and use a CB-110 #10/0 Liner Brush for extra fine outlining or detailing.
- Designer Liner is not a dimensional product. If applied too thick or heavy, Designer Liner will crack and possibly pop off.
Bottle Prep: Before first using the product you will need to punch a hole in the tip of the plastic screw cap using the writer tip provided. DO NOT CUT the plastic tip or make the tip opening larger than the thickness of the metal writer tip. The metal writer tip is threaded and will snuggly fit on the tip of the screw cap.
Applying Color: Shake bottle to force color down into the tip. To initiate product flow, squeeze out a little of the product through the writer tip onto a paper towel. Use steady, even pressure to begin your detailing. Apply onto bisque or unfired glaze and then apply a clear glaze. Use with a Line or brush for fine outlining or brushstrokes. Fire to shelf cone 05/06 (1031C/999C) or up to cone 6 (1222C). Designer Liner is food safe with clear glaze applied overtop, AP Non-Toxic and Non Hazardous when used under normal conditions.
Storage: If you anticipate using Designer Liner frequently, you may want to store the bottle with the metal tip left on the bottle. Place the metal straight pin (provided) into the metal writer tip as this will help keep the writer tip free from clogging. An alternative storage method is to remove the metal writer tip and reattach the white plastic tip to the screw cap. You will want to soak the metal writer tip in warm water to remove any traces of the designer liner from the nozzle. In either case it is important to minimize air exposure to Designer Liner. Always store at room temperature.